Applications Engineer for our Swedish HQ office
We are currently seeking an Application Engineer to our HQ office in Stockholm, Sweden! As a Guideline Geo Applications Engineer...
We are currently seeking an Application Engineer to our HQ office in Stockholm, Sweden!
As a Guideline Geo Applications Engineer you will be providing advice, technical support, and
training to staff, distributors and customers, primarily focused on the ABEM brand of geophysical instruments. The company operates globally and there will be a need for extensive travel to deliver training and attend events.
You will be working within the technical heart of the company liaising closely with Product Managers, the Research and Development team and customers; you will be expected to keep abreast of developments in geophysical solutions, and to help identify applications where Guideline Geo equipment can be utilized or where new products may be useful.
Responsibilities and key activities include:
- Providing technical sales support for internal sales staff and distributors.
- Providing technical support for existing customers.
- Delivering customer training on hardware and software solutions both on-site with customers but also in virtual forums.
- Drafting and proofing support documentation such as technical notes, training presentations, and how-to guides.
- Feeding back information and ideas from the marketplace to the R&D teams and helping to define and prioritize development roadmaps from an end-user perspective.
- Testing of hardware and software and providing feedback to R&D teams prior to release.
- Contributing to the company’s website and social media output by collaborating with the marketing team.
As an Application Engineer, demonstrable experience is just as important as academic qualifications. Suitable candidates would, preferably, have:
- A degree in geophysics, geology, engineering or some other related technical field.
- At least 5 years’ experience of using geophysical instrumentation (not necessarily Guideline Geo brands) and software.
- Experience of collecting, processing, and interpreting near-surface seismic data would be a key advantage.
- Must be a good communicator, able to deliver geophysical training to customers with a wide range of experience levels and able to write clear and concise support documents and correspondence.
- Global travel will be a necessity, confidence in travelling alone to diverse locations will be essential.
In this role you will report to the Applications Team Lead as nearest manager. You will work in close cooperation with the Applications Team and the CTO.
Guideline Geo currently requires an Application Engineer within the UTC±4 time zones; preference would be for someone based in the Guideline Geo offices near Stockholm but remote working is possible, provided good international transport links are available locally.
Who will you be working for?
Guideline Geo is a world-leader in geophysics and geo-technology offering sensors, software, services and support necessary to map and visualize the subsurface through our ABEM and MALÅ brands. Tracing our roots back to 1923, you will be working for a company passionate about geophysics and proud of its heritage in the industry; we welcome all applicants who share our core values of professionalism, quality, honesty and passion.
We look forward to receiving your application with CV and cover letter! Please e-mail or call Hanna Sjöberg at our recruiting partner Talentify. E-mail: email@example.com Phone: +46-76 414 83 30. Interviews will be ongoing.
You may also contact our CTO Anders Abrahamsson, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.